This is not just another chat room. We are here to improve our language skills, German or English, and to encourage a spirit of community. All who share these aims are welcome.
In the immortal words of our founder, odondon irl: «ein Faden, in dem Deutschsprechende auf Englisch und Englischsprechende auf Deutsch schreiben können, um zu üben, um Korrekturen zu ergattern, um des Spaßes Willen.»
CC 283 was graced by the presence of (in order of import... er, appearance):
me1, harambee, hm-us, wi-chan, bluesky, Wachtelkönig, Goldammer, Emil 14, Amy-MiMi, Robert--US, Jepito, Jools, He-le-na, Lara Chu, no me bré, Sachs, h h, Dixie, Prinzessin Lilalu, Wolfman, cookie crumbler, Abertawe, penguin and skye.
A few, slightly pathetic Hochlichter, but time is of the essence as Lara is typing blind...
- we learned that there is a 'fish of the year' [Is there anything that doesn't get its own year? Spoon of the year perhaps?]
- Jools has a new job (although I'm not sure that's a Hochlicht as she's not too happy with it.) Congratulations anyway.
- Talking of which: Lara will be an aunt soon. Congratulations, too.
- It seems to be possible to be in, at, away, auf, an and durch a school.
- Deutsche Bahn got up to its usual excellence and prompted hm to suggest a revolution: der Bahnkunden-Frühling
- Lara is learning Spanish
- harambee kept us in the loop about Kenya
We also had Gassis, Bussis, books and a conspicious absence on New Year's resolutions.