1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Rub in the vegetable or soy margarine until well blended.
3. Finely chop the fresh herbs and add to the mixture together with sufficient cold water to bind the ingredients and product a soft dough.
4. Lightly knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
5. Divide the mixture, shape into dumplings and drop them into soup or boiling water.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes.
Makes approximately 6
(Dumplings need not be round or sphere-like in shape. They can be pressed into flat rounds of varying sizes; or rolled between the hands into long fingers known as “spinners”. Round, long, fat or skinny, shape them as you please).
perhaps you don't know everything yet