• Lautschrift

leo-ende
Werbung
Neuer Eintrag

brushstroke [Substantiv] [Subst.] - Pinselstrich

2 Antworten    
Beispiele/ Definitionen mit Quellen
Kommentar
Begriff aus der Malerei (painting, drawing, printing)
Verfassermobena (999742) 13 Aug 17, 13:11
Kontext/ Beispiele
Bereits im Wöbu :

stroke of the brush              der Pinselstrich  Pl.: die Pinselstriche
brush marks  Pl. [TECH.]         die Pinselstriche Pl.   [Oberflächenbehandlung]
Kommentar
Aus dem Cambridge-Link :

brushstroke noun [ C usually plural ] uk ​ /ˈbrʌʃ.strəʊk/ us ​ /ˈbrʌʃ.stroʊk/
the way in which something, especially paint, is put on to a surface with a brush:
The artist painted this picture using tiny/vigorous/swirling brushstrokes (= movements of the brush).
the way in which a plan or idea is explained:
She described the project in very broad brushstrokes (= without any details).

... dazu :

brushstroke
noun brush·stroke \-ˌstrōk\
Definition of brushstroke
    :  the configuration given to paint by contact with the bristles of a brush; also :  the paint left on a surface by a single application of a brush or palette knife —often used figuratively to describe the quality especially of a narrative or description a story told in broad brushstrokes
#1Verfasserno me bré (700807) 13 Aug 17, 13:23
Vorschläge

brushstroke (also brush stroke)

-

Pinselstrich

Kontext/ Beispiele
One of the brush strokes most often missing in beginners’ watercolour paintings is the “Dry Brush Technique”.
Basic Watercolor Brush Strokes

Watercolor Basic Brush Strokes

Modern pink watercolour brush stroke gold glitter wrapping paper
Inspired by the colours of the Scottish Highland mountains - bursting with a vibrant and unique colours in saturated brushstrokes of pink, yellow, teal and blue with pops of red on a creamy background. Printed onto 100% new wool.

Kommentar
supported. Especially in painting, brushstroke is very common.

My guess is that one word is more common in BE and two in AE. But just a guess.

PS I added "watercolour" to my search to filter out decorators and proper names.
#2Verfasserjamqueen (1129860) 14 Aug 17, 12:06
i Nur registrierte Benutzer können in diesem Forum posten

LEO benutzt Cookies, um das schnellste Webseiten-Erlebnis mit den meisten Funktionen zu ermöglichen. Es werden teilweise auch Cookies von Diensten Dritter gesetzt. Weiterführende Informationen erhalten Sie in den Hinweisen zu den Nutzungsbedingungen / Datenschutz (Cookies) von LEO.