• Special characters
  • Lautschrift

'system integration' versus 'systems integration'

1 Follow-up   
please, is there a big difference? Brit and Am. English?

in google and LEO you can find both.

I lived in the UK for a long time and would go for 'system integration'
AuthorMimi29 Nov 10, 16:27
People in IT usually speak of systems technology, systems networking, that kind of thing, similar to communications technology.

Wouldn't you normally integrate a system with another system? You wouldn't use the word 'integration' for a process within one system alone, would you?

It might depend on what system(s) and what process you're really talking about.
#1Authorhm -- us (236141) 29 Nov 10, 19:16
i Only registered users are allowed to post in this forum
LEO uses cookies in order to facilitate the fastest possible website experience with the most functions. In some cases cookies from third parties are also used. For further information about this subject please refer to the information under  Leo’s Terms of use / Data protection (Cookies)