Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Forum home

Re: LEO

Search recognition system.

Topic

Search recognition system.

Comment
    Hello Doris and the Leo Team,

I have a request however I am not sure of the exact term used. Let me explain: When entering a word in the Search for vocabulary it would be nice if there is a recognition system that shows options that have similar spelling. Google for example has such a feature.
    So if I am searching for the word house then a menu would appear with home, hotel, house after I have entered "ho" and then once I enter "hou" the others will disappear from the list and then only house would be there.
    I find this feature especially good when I am unsure of the spelling but once the word appears in the list I would be able to recognize it. I realize that you already have the * search option but this additional feature can only improve your services.

This feature can certainly help many other Leo users.

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Author trini (236865) 22 Jun 11, 09:20
    Comment
    trini, zumindest wenn Du ein Wort eingibst und es falsch schreibst (und es dieses falschgeschriebene Wort nicht gibt), erhälst Du ja eine Reihe von Vorschlägen, die orthographisch ähnlich sind.
    Aber ich weiss, was Du eigentlich meinst.
    #1Author virus (343741) 22 Jun 11, 10:40
    Comment
    trini you mean like this?
    #2Authornoli (489500) 22 Jun 11, 12:08
    Comment
    That is exactly what I mean, noli. Interestingly enough the word berücksichtigen or any form of it does not show in this recognition list.

@virus, yes I know that the suggestion list also exists but forgot to mention it in my original post.
    #3Author trini (236865) 22 Jun 11, 12:53
    Comment
    #3 works perfectly... beru... and it shows - u don't need ü
    have I missed something
    #4Authornoli (489500) 22 Jun 11, 13:32
    Comment
    I just checked again and it works with u as you said.
    #5Author trini (236865) 23 Jun 11, 12:53
    Comment
    No comment from Leo?
    #6Author trini (236865) 28 Jun 11, 09:19
    Comment
    Wir testen das gerade bei den Smartphones und wenn es sich bewährt, werden wir diese Möglichkeit auch im Wörterbuch anbieten.
    #7Author Doris (LEO-Team) (33) 28 Jun 11, 09:29
    Comment
    Thank you Doris.
    I hope the testing goes well.
    #8Author trini (236865) 28 Jun 11, 10:40

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt