• Special characters
  • Lautschrift

Is 'image transfer' used in English?

2 replies    
Imagetransfer is used in German, e.g. to describe getting your company a good reputation through association with a well-known institution. I was wondering if this would be understood in English, and on Google I can't find any examples of it. (There's a lot about rub-off transfers.) Has anyone seen this used? What else might you say?
AuthorCM2DD (236324) 06 Mar 12, 15:15
I would understand "image transfer" as a technical term used in (silk screen) printing/etc. only. I've never come across it in the context you mention.
#1Authordude (253248) 06 Mar 12, 15:25
That's what I suspect too. I think I'll make it something about reputation by association, to be on the safe side.
#2AuthorCM2DD (236324) 06 Mar 12, 15:34
i Only registered users are allowed to post in this forum
LEO uses cookies in order to facilitate the fastest possible website experience with the most functions. In some cases cookies from third parties are also used. For further information about this subject please refer to the information under  Leo’s Terms of use / Data protection (Cookies)