Aus aktuellem Anlass exhumiere ich diesen Faden...
1. Patient uses LEO to look up items of vocabulary when necessary.
2. Patient reads more and more forum entries, thus catching the LEO virus which continuously increases patient's urge to post.
3. Patient occasionally asks a single question in the forum when necessary, perhaps using different aliases
4. Patient occasionally answers questions in the forum, thinks up a name
5. Patient regularly asks questions, answers them or makes funny comments.
6. Patient turns on LEO when checking for mail.
a) Patient accidentally signs commercial emails with his LEO-Nickname.
b) Patient accidentally uses erikatives in commercial emails.
7. Patient uses LEO to look up items of vocabulary even though dictionary is on desk
a) Patient browses aimlessly through forum while at work, although he / she vowed to herself never to do that.
8. Patient joins in long, argumentative discussions about culture / news events; occasionally vows never to look at LEO again, but goes back 1m30sec later.
9. Patient makes friends with other LEO user(s)
10. Patient makes enemies with other LEO user(s)
11. Patient cannot remember the rules of „minesweeper“ and „freecell“.
12. During holiday, patient goes to Internet cafe to check latest listings.
13. After holiday, patient comes home, turns on computer, goes straight on LEO.
14. Patient uses several aliases to conceal amount of time spent on LEO from other users.
15. Patient late for work / appointment as "needed" to answer question.
16. Several possibilities:
a) Patient divorces, marries LEO;
b) Patient admitted to hospital with spasms;
c) Patient gets some more work to do, has no time to go on LEO, slowly loses interest in repetitive, never-ending arguments on culture and news events
d) Patient lies to friends and family about having to "catch up on work" or "check email" to spend more time in forum.
e) Patient is unemployed but can never seem to find time to apply for another job due to frequent bouts of severe LEOnitis.