• Special characters
  • Lautschrift

Why VariableN?

6 replies   
Can anyone explain to me why "AusgangsvariableN" appears in the following phrases or is it just a typing error?

Der Systemzustand wird ... ausgelesen und es werden im Schaltnetz das Ausgangssignal (Ausgangsvariablen) und der folgende Systemzustand generiert.

...Demultiplexer, der das dort anstehende Ausgangssignal (Ausgangsvariablen)...

Many thanks.
AuthorAnne(gb)19 Jan 06, 15:16
Sprachlich: ist das nicht zu erklären.

Technisch: Vielleicht wird das Signal über mehrere Variablen dargestellt?
#1AuthorReinhard19 Jan 06, 15:25
Beim ersten Lesen habe ich das schlicht für einen Fehler gehalten, aber nach erneutem Nachdenken könnte ich mir vorstellen, dass mit "Signal" die (binär gewichtete) Gesamtheit aller (boolschen) Ausgangsvariablen gemeint sein könnte - dann wäre der Plural zu rechtfertigen.
Beispiel das Ausgangssignal 25 wird durch die Ausgangsvariablen
repräsentiert. Könnte das sein?
#2AuthorMarkus<de>19 Jan 06, 15:29
Yes, I see what you're getting at. I'll have to think about that.
But from the point of view of grammar, wouldn't it have to be either
das Ausgangssignal (die Ausgangsvariablen - plural) or
das Ausgangssignal (Ausgangsvariable - sing. or plural)?
#3AuthorAnne(gb)19 Jan 06, 15:55
Sorry, Anne, I'm afraid I don't quite get what your question is. Could you please rephrase?

... Oh, you mean, there should be an article inside the brackets?? Yes, indeed, that would have been much better (if, indeed, the meaning is what Reinhard and I suspect)
#4AuthorMarkus<de>19 Jan 06, 16:02
Ein Artikel würde auf jeden Fall helfen
#5AuthorReinhard19 Jan 06, 16:08
Yes, you're both right, of course. It _has_ to be variableS. I made the mistake of assuming "der Variablen" earlier in the text was a genitive sing. rather than a genitive pl. and have been trying to make all the others singular! Sorry to have been so thick. The penny has finally dropped:-).
#6AuthorAnne(gb)19 Jan 06, 16:41
i Only registered users are allowed to post in this forum
LEO uses cookies in order to facilitate the fastest possible website experience with the most functions. In some cases cookies from third parties are also used. For further information about this subject please refer to the information under  Leo’s Terms of use / Data protection (Cookies)