Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Übersicht

Sprachlabor

on the account of this / on the account of that / on this account / on that account

Betrifft

on the account of this / on the account of that / on this account / on that account

Kommentar
    In tumors with absent (0) or weak (1+) expression of factor X no differences in tumor characteristics or survival data were observed. On account of this we have formed two groups of positive (2+) or negative (0 or 1+) staining for factor X, respectively.

Gibt es Bedeutungsunterschied zwischen "on THIS account" oder "on THAT account" in diesem Zusammenhang?
    VerfasserKarin24 Jul. 07, 19:48
    Kommentar
    No material difference. There can be a slight connotation of liking things referred to as "this" and of disliking things referred to as "that", but I don't know if that is true of everyone.

I don't know exactly why, but in the context you offer I'd just as soon see "for that/this reason..."
    #1Verfassertinear ae24 Jul. 07, 20:17
    Kommentar
    @tinear:

Thanks!

So you mean I should replace "on this account" with:
    .....were observed. For this reason we have formed two groups....

Yes, that´s also an alternative which came into my mind.....it sounds somewhat less "pompous" / "highbrow" / "over the top" ;-) But I was just interested because I saw that there exist these two composed expressions for account in LEO and got suddenly aware that there might be a faint difference between this and that I never had cared for until now.

Cheers!
    #2VerfasserKarin24 Jul. 07, 21:38

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt