Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Betrifft

air conditioning

Kommentar
    Can air conditioning refer to the complete system of air treatment in a building, such as in a supermarket. I mean the complete air piping system providing ventilation, cooling and heating. Or, does air conditioning refer to air cooling only?
    VerfasserDaggi20 Sep. 06, 20:35
    Kommentar
    Do you think the term "HVAC system" more appropriate? Or, would air conditiong do?
    #1VerfasserDaggi20 Sep. 06, 21:00
    Kommentar
    I believe 'Air Conditioning' should do.
    It is basically the reaching to and then maintenance of optimum air temperature.
    And it varies according to the temperature outside the building/ room and the season of course.
    #2Verfasserminu20 Sep. 06, 21:05
    Kommentar
    Im afraid that I am not quite acquainted with the term 'HVAC'.
    #3Verfasserminu20 Sep. 06, 21:07
    Kommentar
    I've found this abbreviation in Wikipedia, and it stands for Heating+Ventilation+Air Conditioning.
    #4VerfasserDaggi20 Sep. 06, 21:09
    Kommentar
    "air(-)conditioning" means just this: conditioning the air.

Klimaanlagen kühlen die Luft ja nicht nur, sondern sie trocknen und reinigen sie auch. Die beiden letzten Punkte nimmt man nur weitaus weniger wahr.

Wenn es sich um eine integrierte Anlage handelt, die auch heizt, dann wird m. E. die gesamte Anlage als "Klimaanlage" / "air(-)conditioning" bezeichnet
    #5VerfasserSophil20 Sep. 06, 21:20
    Kommentar
    Also support Sophil.
    #6Verfasserminu20 Sep. 06, 21:24
    Kommentar
    Nachfolgend findet ihr die Definitionen fuer Air Conditioning und Air Conditioning System. Sie stammen aus dem amerikanischen "International Mechanical Code". Also, "Air Conditioning" bezieht sich auf den PROZESS der Luftaufbereitung waehrend "Air Conditioning System" die gesamte ANLAGE, z.B. in einem Supermarkt definiert.

AIR CONDITIONING. The process of treating air to control its temperature, humidity, cleanliness and distribution to meet requirements of the conditioned space.

AIR-CONDITIONING SYSTEM. A system that consists of heat exchangers, blowers, filters, supply, exhaust and return ducts, and shall include any apparatus installed in connection therewith.

Noch ein Nachsatz zu den verschiedenen Anlagen:
    Klimaanalge = die Luft wird geheizt, gekuehlt, gefiltert und (optional)be- bzw. entfeuchtet
    Lueftungsanlage = die Luft wird nur geheizt und gefiltert

#7VerfasserLM20 Sep. 06, 22:02
    Kommentar
    What I am afraid of is whether the people would not imagine the ordinary air-conditioning device that is usually mounted on walls in offices. What I want the word to indicate, is that it is a complex air distribution system with ductwork, fans, heat pumps, etc.
    #8VerfasserDaggi20 Sep. 06, 22:07
    Kommentar
    "Central air conditioning system" or "central air," is how I would refer to that :-)
    #9VerfasserLara Chu (AmE)20 Sep. 06, 22:11
    Kommentar
    LM, thank you very much. Everything is clear now. I'll use "air-conditioning", and go on translating until I "get stuck" with something else. I'm sure to end up translating until morning.
    #10VerfasserDaggi20 Sep. 06, 22:12
    Kommentar
    Just as a layperson, I would tend to agree that 'airconditioning' is ambiguous and that it could easily evoke cooling as the default, even though technically it can also have a broader sense.

Adding 'central' would probably help, but why not just use 'heating and airconditioning system' (or vice versa)? In practice it's nearly always either one or the other, isn't it? That is, just moving air around (ventilation), running the A/C with the compressor off, is so unlikely in a large building that it probably doesn't need any special mention.

#11Verfasserhm -- us21 Sep. 06, 00:06
    Kommentar
    HVAC is really the term you are looking for, especially if you are including all the ductwork, etc. Google the term HAVC and you will see many examples of how this abbreviation is used to include the whole heating and cooling system. To me, as a layman, airconditioning means the cooling system.
    #12VerfasserSharper21 Sep. 06, 03:23
    Kommentar
    I agree with Sharper that HVAC, certainly in the US, is the technical term for the entire air circulation system that includes modifying temperature and humidity of the air. Ads in newspapers almost always say something like "HVAC repair technician" or something like that. Air conditioning commonly refers to cooling only, though of course the air is also dehumidified in the process.
    #13VerfasserAmy-MiMi21 Sep. 06, 03:33

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt