Hi, judex. Yes, I liked that one too;-).
@spinatwachtel: I just cannot see Britain having anything as assertive and positive as a nation-wide motto
. Speaking of unassertive, here's one that appeared in yesterday's Times (not sure it's in the online version):
"We apologise for the inconvenience".
Or how about, "No motto please, we're British"?
This quest for a new motto has evidently got the Australians thinking too. Here are the top ten Aussie mottos:
1. Hold my beer and watch this
2. Australia - the only country that eats its national emblem
3. Win or Lose...Hit the Booze
4. Australia - Insert culture here.
5. Tie me kangaroo down sport
6. F**k the motto, lets get blotto
7. At least it's not Britain
8. Australia - on parole since 1901
9. No culture, no class, no worries
10. Like a boomerang, you'll be backhttp://timesonline.typepad.com/comment/2007/1...