•  
  • Übersicht

Land und Leute

Wie lest Ihr einen sprachlich nicht einwandfreien Text?

Betrifft

Wie lest Ihr einen sprachlich nicht einwandfreien Text?

Kommentar
    Hallo,

nachdem ich diesen Thread Siehe auch: seldom gestartet hatte, fielen mir im gleichen Text immer mehr Stilblüten auf (typischer Fall von "deutsche Berater meinen, sie müßten unbedingt einen englischen Text verfassen"). Irgendwann merkte ich, dass ich eigentlich nur noch die Fehler las und den Inhalt des Textes (den ich bedauerlicherweise für die Arbeit lesen muss) gar nicht mehr wahrnahm.

Das ist mir schon öfter aufgefallen: Wenn in einem Text, egal ob deutsch oder englisch, zu viele Fehler (Tippfehler, Grammatik, Wortwahl, Interpunktion, ganz egal) auftreten, tritt der Inhalt völlig in den Hintergrund, weil ich mich nur noch aufs Korrekturlesen konzentriere. Blöd, wenn man den Inhalt hinterher kennen muss und nur beitragen kann, dass der Autor sich mit Fremdwörtern nicht so gut auskannte ;o) Dabei versteht man ja oft trotzdem, was gemeint ist.

Geht Euch das auch so, oder schafft ihr es, über Fehler hinwegzulesen, so lange man den Sinn noch verstehen kann? Wenn ja, wie?

Und ja, ich weiss, dass niemand perfekt ist und dass ich auch Fehler mache ;o)
    VerfasserDragon (238202) 22 Jun. 09, 07:58
    Kommentar
    Berufskrankheit, würde ich mal sagen.
    Geht mir auch so.
    #1VerfasserPiz Sorega22 Jun. 09, 08:17
    Kommentar
    I agree the mistakes and weird constructs are irritating, since I have the urge to read the sentence again to see if that odd mistake was really there and it breaks the flow. If it is a non-native text, my mind automatically translates the really "German" sentences back into German and that makes it a lot easier. Grosse Familien sind selten...

But maybe I just wasn't gifted with your critical eye, since this doesn't seem to detract from the meaning for me.
    #2VerfasserSelkie (236097) 22 Jun. 09, 08:34
    Kommentar
    If a piece is really sloppily written, it's a moot point whether it has much content. Lazy writers are lazy thinkers. Depending on your relationship to the writer, you could send it back and ask for it to be written properly. The author might even realize he/she hasn't said anything worth saying. (But I doubt it.)
    #3Verfasserescoville (237761) 22 Jun. 09, 08:38
    Kommentar
    ich weiß immer noch nicht, was Richard Dawkins in dem kapitel dieses Namens eigentlich genau zu sagen hat, da ich nie über den unlogischen Titel hinweggekommen bin: Siehe auch: this fills a much needed gap
    #4Verfasserspinatwachtel22 Jun. 09, 08:51
    Kommentar
    I disagree escoville. An organised thinker may not be a good communicator or have less than stellar skills in another language. That does not necessarily mean the text lacks meaning (though it does raise the question of whether a person should then write in said language at all or perhaps get another person to help him communicate his message).
    The converse is also true: An excellent writer may create a text that while it reads well is, upon closer inspection, utterly devoid of real meaning. It goes down a treat, but leaves nothing much behind.
    #5VerfasserSelkie (236097) 22 Jun. 09, 08:57
    Kommentar
    @Selkie: The one I currently have to read is a non-native text, and yes, of course I translated it back. It's not that I don't understand the sentence (and others, such as "the number of divorces is raising" or "the age ... soars since the last years"), but that, like you wrote, I re-read the sentence to make sure this mistake is really there, and it really does break the flow.

I think this happens most often when I read English texts by non-native speakers of English, but I also remember reading a German book (German author) on alchemy once which contained so many typos that I went absolutely crazy. In the end I found myself counting errors per page rather than absorbing the content.

And that is the part that really bothers me: I find that I am unable to concentrate on the contents because I get stuck with thoughts like "another direct translation from German" or "that should really be (word X)" or "the adverb, not the adjective, stupid!" or "couldn't they afford an editor, and doesn't their computer have a spell-checking function" etc. Which is not so bad if it's just some book I'm reading in my spare time, even if it is a pity, but if it's some work-related text that I'm supposed to read in preparation of a meeting, for example, I might find that I haven't a clue what it is all about but can tell you that there is an average of five errors per page. Which is not what the meeting is going to be about ;o)
    #6VerfasserDragon (238202) 22 Jun. 09, 09:41
    Kommentar
    Darf ich fragen, was Dich an dem Satz "deutsche Berater meinen, sie müßten unbedingt einen englischen Text verfassen" nicht gefällt?

#7VerfasserXY22 Jun. 09, 10:37
    Kommentar
    Mir gefällt der Satz gut (obwohl ich glaube, nach NDR sollte es statt "müßten" wohl "müssten" geschrieben werden), schließlich ist er von mir ;o)

Ich glaube, Du hast da etwas missverstanden....
    #8VerfasserDragon (238202) 22 Jun. 09, 10:40
    Kommentar
    Ich zaehle in Foren immer die seid-seit und das-dass Verwechslungen und verweise daraufhin auf http://www.seit-seid.de/ und http://www.das-dass.de/!
    #9VerfasserCoachie (521719) 22 Jun. 09, 10:44
    Kommentar
    O, ja, ich habe "typischer Fall von" irgendwie als "typisches Beispiel:" gelesen. Dumm.
    #10VerfasserXY22 Jun. 09, 10:48
    Kommentar
    I was agreeing with you Dragon, or at least that was my intent, though perhaps it came across wrong. The automatic retranslation is very annoying, since it really bogs a fast reader down, but it is like subtitles: You can try to ignore them all you like, it just doesn't work.

That said, I do well getting past that when things are written, and spelling errors and the like do not make so much noise for me that they drown out meaning. A poorly spoken audiobook though, forget it. By the third sentence with the wrong emphasis I have to switch it off.
    #11VerfasserSelkie (236097) 22 Jun. 09, 11:16
    Kommentar
    @Selkie: I know what you mean ;o) I listened to the old German radio plays of the Paul Temple mysteries once - very amusing, but they mispronounced most place names, as well as those of some of the figures, which I found a little annoying. Funnily enough it didn't distract me that much though.
    #12VerfasserDragon (238202) 22 Jun. 09, 11:29
    Kommentar
    ach was bin ich froh, dass es anderen auch so geht! Bei mir sind es Sitzungen, in denen gerne mal vor lauter blabla die Redewendungen durcheinander kommen. Oder wenn Schachtelsätze so lang sind, dass man am Ende gar nicht mehr weiß, welches Verb nun eigentlich folgen müsste...
    da kann ich mich dann auch kaum noch auf den Inhalt konzentrieren, weil ich auf den nächsten Fehler lauere.

Asche über mich und Schande auf mein Haupt ;o)
    #13VerfasserFFM22 Jun. 09, 12:50
    Kommentar
    Mir geht es manchmal genau so. Ich lese einen Text und dann fallen mir paar Fehler auf und dann schaue ich nur noch nach den Fehlern. Dadurch konzetriere ich mich nicht mehr auf den Text.
    #14VerfasserSonnenschein_15 (606720) 23 Jun. 09, 12:51
    Kommentar
    I remember a few years ago, an agency I worked with a lot at the time, asked me to rewrite a very poorly written German text and then translate it into English. It looked like the German had been written by a "nicht Muttersprachler" and was really convoluted and bad, even though I did get the gist of it. I refused the job because that particular one had serious legal implications.
    (I know that the legal aspect is technically the agency's responsibility, but they do try to stick it to the translator!). It just wasn't worth it to me. (and it wasn't a job where I had to do it, ie, an employer)
    #15VerfasserRES-can (330291) 23 Jun. 09, 13:17
    Kommentar
    The worst I have come across was an Irish book translated into German. The translation was actually so bad I wrote and complained to the publisher. The book ended up in the bin. Just as well it probably wasn't any good in English either.

I also remember feeling horrified at a more recent, new translation of Whinnie the Pooh. Once there is a really good translation available, why make it worse?

And while I'm at it, English sub-titles on German films can be highly irritating. You can't help reading them and all the while your mind goes "He didn't say that!"
    #16VerfasserHZ23 Jun. 09, 18:45
    Kommentar
    @Dragon: Du bist nicht allein da draußen. Es gibt Texte, die so viele Fehler haben, daß ich mich einfach kaum noch auf den Inhalt konzentrieren kann. Je nach Bildungshintergrund des Autors bin ich da aber auch unterschiedlich anspruchsvoll.
    Am schlimmsten finde ich "offizielle" Texte, die z.B. unsere Geschäftsleitung ausgibt, ohne auf die grundlegenden Regeln für deutsche Texte zu achten (Anrede, Leerzeichen vor Satzzeichen, direkte Anrede klein geschrieben ...). Da fragt sich mein Hinterstübchen dann schon, ob die ihre restliche Arbeit mit genau derselben Sorgfalt erledigen.
    #17Verfasserhh23 Jun. 09, 19:46

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

• Pinyin

• Tastatur

• Sonderzeichen

• Lautschrift

:-) automatisch zu 🙂 umgewandelt