• Special characters
  • Lautschrift


3 replies   
Kommt ein neuer Pinsel zum Einsatz, wird dieser 24 h im Testschmutz gesättigt, anschließend ausgedrückt
Squeeze? I think there is a better word but I can't think of it. Thanks.
AuthorAlpena21 Jan 12, 08:50
Well, what word could better describe it? That's what you do - you dip the brush in some sort of gunk, then squeeze it (out) ...

Okay, I'm not a native speaker of English, so there might actually be some "better" word I'm not aware of ;-)

But I definitely like the German word "Testschmutz"!
#1AuthorWoody 1 (455616) 21 Jan 12, 09:00
to crush: ausdrücken
to squash: ausdrücken
to squeeze sth. [e.g. toothpaste tube, sponge]: etw. ausdrücken [z. B. Zahnpastatube, Schwamm]

s. dict.cc
#2AuthorReinhard W. (237443) 21 Jan 12, 17:39
Translationto wring
If the hairs of the brush are really long, one could conceivably wring them out, but this process implies a certain twisting and is usually used with wet clothing. Otherwise I would go with squeeze out
#3Authorstrophy (335645) 22 Jan 12, 05:00
i Only registered users are allowed to post in this forum
LEO uses cookies in order to facilitate the fastest possible website experience with the most functions. In some cases cookies from third parties are also used. For further information about this subject please refer to the information under  Leo’s Terms of use / Data protection (Cookies)