It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

  • Subject


    Es handelt sich um runde Plastikgefäße mit Schraubdeckel (200 ml), die z.B. zur Probenahme verwendet werden.
    Es gibt ja viele Vorschlage für Dose bei Leo, aber welches ist das geeignetste Wort in meinem Fall? Vielen Dank für Eure Vorschläge...
    Authormarsu_3 (708280) 25 Feb 12, 17:25
    Ergebnisse aus dem Wörterbuch
    tin   chiefly  (Brit.)die Dose  pl.: die Dosen
    candie Dose  pl.: die Dosen
    to dose  | dosed, dosed | [TECH.]dosieren  | dosierte, dosiert |
    canned  adj.aus der Dose
    canned  adj.Dosen...
    tinned Dosen
    a hefty dose ofein gerüttelt Maß an (or: von) etw.dat. [form.]
    Suggestionplastic can
    #1Author macpet (304707) 25 Feb 12, 17:28
    plastic jar/container

    is what I see here, not a can
    #2Author dude (253248) 25 Feb 12, 17:31
    Dang it, dude beat me yet again :-)) Will go ahead and add my link, anyway :-)
    #3Author Carly-AE (237428) 25 Feb 12, 17:31
    plastic bottle
    #4Author Hermann J. (426232) 25 Feb 12, 17:32
    a bottle is a bottle if it has a (bottle) neck, which doesn't seem to be the case here.
    #5Author dude (253248) 25 Feb 12, 17:33
    plastic container or cup with a screw-on lid if it's of the variety the nurse hands you in the doctor's office for a certain type of sample.

    (Dude, aren't jars usually glass?)
    #6Author Bob C. (254583) 25 Feb 12, 17:40
    @dude, Carly-AE:
    plastic jar seems to be exactly what a was looking for. Thank you!
    #7Authormarsu_3 (708280) 25 Feb 12, 17:42
    #8Author NonNee (478187) 25 Feb 12, 17:43
    @Bob: check out Carly's link. :-)
    #9Author dude (253248) 25 Feb 12, 17:48
    dude, that's a German Web site. Here's an American one:

    M-W seems to have to have got its definition from the OED (as I suspect it frequently does):

    "JAR: A vessel of earthenware, stoneware, or glass, without spout or handle (or having two handles), usually more or less cylindrical in form. Orig. used only in its eastern sense of a large earthen vessel for holding water, oil, wine, etc."

    Now, I'm not going to bother with a google search, because there is, no doubt, no end of people who say "plastic jar" (and no doubt "plastic box," "plastic tub," "plastic can," "plastic vessel," etc. as well). I wish only to confirm the traditional and most usual meaning of the word jar.
    #10Author Bob C. (254583) 25 Feb 12, 18:13
    Bob, "Traditionally," glass was invented long before plastic. Then about 40? years ago, the packaging industry started packing products in plastic jars/bottles.

    edit: Here's a link to an American company that sells plastic and glass jars.

    edit II: marsu, They also have a site for lab products. Perhaps your "Plastikgefäß" is featured: :-)
    #11Author Carly-AE (237428) 25 Feb 12, 18:21
    @Bob: Carly used the German google (, but many of the individual web sites listed on are, in fact US sites.
    #12Author dude (253248) 25 Feb 12, 18:28
    Excerpt from their laboratory site:

    Laboratory jars are available in a wide variety of glass and plastic style for many lab applications. From clear glass laboratory jars to PET, styrene and polypropylene plastic jars, SKS Science offers many jars with an array of caps to suit your laboratory needs.

    #13Author Carly-AE (237428) 25 Feb 12, 18:34
    Well, this is useful clarification. Nevertheless, I find it jarring.

    At my next annual physical I'll ask the nurse (and the doctor) what she calls it. Get back to you long about June.
    #14Author Bob C. (254583) 25 Feb 12, 18:59
 ­ automatisch zu ­ ­ umgewandelt