It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

  • Subject



    It must have something to do with resurfacing of the joint before placing a form of cap over the femoral head. This cap is the implant (Endoprothese), so what would be the full expression - Oberflächenerendoprothese ?

    Author Rainman_1 (1240115) 07 Sep 19, 08:38

    All the hits I got say "Oberflächenendoprothese" without "er" in the middle of the word.

    It's ususaly to find in combination with information about knee surgery, so maybe sites on this topic in English can offer the translation.

    #1Author Sachs (638558) 07 Sep 19, 09:51
    Suggestion(hip-/knee-) resurfacing system

    The OP mentions the femoral head, so it refers to the hip joint rather than the knee. A bit more context or a full sentence would help – is this a total joint replacement or, as I suspect, a resurfacing arthroplasty?

    Modern hip-resurfacing systems involve placing a non-cemented porous metal cup into the hip socket and cementing a metal cap onto the femoral head. This results in an articulating metal-on-metal surface (IMAGE 3).

    In which case it refers to the femoral head component (or cap) and the acetabular component (or cup) of the hip-resurfacing system -- an all-metal bearing couple:

    #2Author Marianne (BE) (237471)  07 Sep 19, 12:19
 ­ automatisch zu ­ ­ umgewandelt