Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Subject

gesellschaftlich, sozial

Sources

Wir wollen unseren Beitrag zu einer verantwortungsbewussten und nachhaltigen Teeindustrie leisten – gesellschaftlich, sozial und ökologisch.

Comment

I have read the related threads on gesellschaftlich / sozial but haven't seen the light as it refers to the sentence above. The sentence refers to being active in the countries where the tea is grown and helping to improve the living and working conditions of people working in the tea industry.

We want to contribute to a responsible and sustainable tea industry - socially, societally and ecologically.

Would that reflect the original German statement correctly? Or does anyone have a better suggestion?

Many thanks in advance for a Sunday response :-)

Author CaddyBay (766440) 25 Apr 21, 09:49
    Comment

I'm sure it's because my German isn't strong enough, but I don't know what the difference is between gesellschaftlich and sozial. Surely saying "socially and societally" will leave many NES scratching their heads;-- which is surely not the aim of your tea producers. Why not just collapse the two terms, and say "socially and ecologically"? Or -- my preference - for society and for the environment.

#1Author Martin--cal (272273)  25 Apr 21, 16:20

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt