Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Betreff

kostenpflichtig (in 1 Wort)

[Finanzw.]
    Kontext/ Beispiele
    headline of a paper: "strategy models for growth and success of content-driven >>kostenpflichtigen<< non-fiction information goods"
    Kommentar
    Hello all,

I am currently working on a paper and am stuck with a word in the headline: "kostenpflichtig". I just can't come up with a one-word translation for this and since it is an important element in the headline of the paper, I can't use a subordinate clause to explain it.

Please could anyone give me a hint on this one?

It is important to state in the headline that the paper deals with information goods that are a) content-driven, b) non-fiction and c) have to be paid for by the customer (not available for free).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
    Mark
    VerfasserMark31 Mär. 03, 12:48
    Vorschlagaffordable; cheap
    Kommentar
    treffen beide nicht genau das was du brauchst, aber immerhin wird angedeutet, daß es nicht umsonst ist.
    #1VerfasserHarald S31 Mär. 03, 13:05
    Vorschlagcommercial?
    Kommentar
    or you could leave it out- the word goods seems to imply it's not for free anyway.
    And is it really necessary to say non-fiction information? I've never heard of fiction information.
    #2VerfasserLou31 Mär. 03, 13:34
    Vorschlagpayable [Bauw.]
    Kontext/ Beispiele
    Did you ever think of that? Keep it simple. Good luck for your work. / Juergen
    #3VerfasserJürgen Weighardt31 Mär. 03, 13:48
    Vorschlagpremium
    Kontext/ Beispiele
    this is generally used to signify "non-free"; esp. in a web (that's what you're talking about, right?) context....
    #4VerfasserBret31 Mär. 03, 14:11
    Vorschlag"Premium", "pay"
    Kommentar
    UK wesites would always use the words "premium content" to describe content that should be paid for. I think that in the US they use the word "pay content" which seems easier to understand. I have also seen German websites use the words "Pay content" or "Pay-for content" in the English translations of their websites.
    #5VerfasserMark Champion31 Mär. 03, 15:04
    Kommentar
    Thanks a lot for all your help!

With "information goods" I mean all information-carrying goods like books, magazines, websites etc.

There doesn't really seem to be a direct translation for "kostenpflichtig" into English. I feel "commercial" might be a good substitute, as "affordable / cheap" or "premium" could mislead readers to thinking about the price level (cheap books, or "premium" i.e. expensive books etc.).

Simply "pay" could also be a good solution, but would that really be a suitable term "pay goods"? I am no native speaker, but it sounds a little strange to me...

Whether skipping "non-fiction" - this is an interesting thought I will consider. I put it in to specifically exclude goods with fiction contents like novels etc., because customer behaviour here seems to be quite different from non-fiction contents.

Cheers,
    Mark
    #6VerfasserMark31 Mär. 03, 15:34
    Vorschlagchargeable
    Kommentar
    How about: ...chargeable non-fiction goods (material). If you have any input, I would be tempted to change goods to material if you are referring to books, magazines, etc. Just "feels "better to me.
    #7VerfasserRES-can31 Mär. 03, 20:43
    Vorschlagbillable
    #8VerfasserJohn Knowles01 Apr. 03, 18:15
    Kommentar
    I gather from the information that somebody has to pay! i.e. Joe Consumer. the concept of paying is the opposite of the concept of receiving (money). Since the title suggests that the article discusses the different strategies(models) for making money, and the customer pays..... Although not a direct translation of your wording of (kostenpflichtig.... which to my mind pops up the term 'user pays') this translation leaves no doubt in english about the intent of the "models" being presented.

"Cost effective strategy* models for the growth and success of content-driven, factual resource materials"

*optional, since models always use some strategy or other if you want to cut back on the words.

What is of particular interest here is: who is the real target audience for this "paper".. that aspect would determine a lot of things in selecting the most appropriate words. have fun.
    #9Verfasseroes.01 Apr. 03, 19:46
    Vorschlagfee-based
    Kommentar
    But just because it's a headline, I don't see why this can only be one word in English. Our words tend to be shorter than "kostenpflichtig"! Two short words, or even three wouldn't do, if they fit in the headline?

Anyway, premium sounds fine (in your context), Mark is wrong however, about "pay" in this sense in the US.

I'd need more context to be sure, but it sure sounds to me like "fee-based" would work here. Don't know how you count your words, but that's still nine headline characters, instead of 15 in the original German. Go to town.
    #10VerfasserPeter &lt;us&gt;05 Apr. 03, 07:45
    Vorschlag-
    Kommentar
    Hallo, Leute!

"payable" kann's ja wohl nicht sein - Einfachheit in allen Ehren: Das trifft es schlicht nicht. "payable" heißt soviel wie "zu bezahlen", "zahlbar, fällig" (Bsp.: accounts payable = (Am.) Buchschulden) oder "rentabel".
    #11VerfasserStephan Rupp24 Apr. 03, 17:26
    Vorschlag-
    Kommentar
    CHARGEABLE ist es difinitiv nicht, denn das bedeutet "anzurechnend" z.B. in der Luftfracht ist es das frachtpflichtige Gewicht, dass im Fall hohen Volumens viel höher sein kann als das aktuelle.
    Zwei Worte sind echt notwendig. z.B. at cost
    #12VerfasserManu11 Jan. 07, 08:54
    VorschlagCHARGEABLE
    Quellen
    Kontext/ Beispiele
    The purpose of this page is to outline the terms and conditions of our services, and the costs of our chargeable services.

The service is payable to the driver in cash or chargeable to your company
    Kommentar
    Geht doch, ganz sicher!
    #13Verfasser DW (EN) (241915) 11 Jan. 07, 09:49
    Vorschlagkostepflichtig
    Quellen
    kostepflichtige Premiuminhalte
    Kommentar
    I've never seen this anywhere but how about "pay-to-view"?
    #14Verfassersilverfern23 Jan. 09, 20:44
    Kommentar
    #12: CHARGEABLE ist es difinitiv nicht, denn das bedeutet "anzurechnend"

I'd say that's only one meaning of "chargeable". It is also a viable translation of "kostenpflichtig".
    #15VerfasserKinkyAfro (587241) 08 Jul. 13, 20:08
    Kommentar
    re #14 (auch wenn's schon Jahre her ist) : kostenpflichtig
    #16Verfasser no me bré (700807) 08 Jul. 13, 20:10
    Vorschlagpay-, oder auch toll
    Quellen
    e.g., kostenpflichtiges Fernsehprogramm: pay-TV
    kostenpflichtige Telefonnummer: pay-number
    Kommentar
    Geht aber nicht überall. Natürlich.
    #17Verfasser stonehenge (911716) 08 Jul. 13, 20:29

•