Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Übersicht

Deutsch gesucht

Are we up for Saturday? Are we on for Saturday?

Betreff

Are we up for Saturday? Are we on for Saturday?

Quellen
    I am not really sure which one of this two phrases should I use when I want to ask somebody if our previously planned meeting is still taking place as accorded. It is a bit of slang I think but I would love to use it correctly. In addition could anybody tell me the exact translation of this phrase to german? (In case it existed also in a sort of slang not a really formal way to say it)
    Kontext/ Beispiele
    Mariotol
    Verfassermariotol (243141) 02 Nov. 06, 12:51
    Kommentar
    In der deutschen Umgangssprache würde man sagen:

Bleibt's bei Samstag?
    #1VerfasserGruschenka02 Nov. 06, 15:23
    VorschlagAre we STILL on for Saturday?
    Kommentar
    is the one to use in English.
    #2VerfasserEllkay02 Nov. 06, 15:26
    Kommentar
    I would use "Are we up for Saturday?" or possibly more likey "Are you (still) up for Saturday?" if we were doing something fairly challenging. If we had arranged for a hike or a canoe trip or painting the house or something requiring much effort or possibly a long drive. If the trip involved a couple hours of driving each way before the activity. I would probably say this if the person had just been sick or had said they were beat or feeling they might be coming down with something.

Are we still on for Saturday? I would use this to confirm that we are meeting. It can also be used in the cases I mentioned above.

I think I would use the Are you still up for Saturday, when I believe that we l definitely meet but I am not sure if we might change the activity.
    #3VerfasserBecky (US)02 Nov. 06, 15:45
    Kommentar
    I would say "Are you up for Saturday?" to a friend that I knew was going to be in a competition (marathon, road race, bike race, triathlon ...).
    #4VerfasserBecky (US)02 Nov. 06, 15:47

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt