Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Subject

office junior

[admin.]
    Context/ examples

She was an office junior
    Comment

What is the equivalent of an office junior in German? i.e. the member of staff (normally the youngest) who does all the odd jobs, like photocopying, sorting the post, running errands, making cups of tea, basically whatever the secretary doesn't have time to do.
    AuthorClaire19 Jun 06, 23:38
    SuggestionLaufbursche /Mädchen für alles /Juniorsekretärin
    Comment
    These suggestions off the top of my head vary in register, so it also depends on what you need it for. The German-natives will no doubt comment - I think that the first two fit the meaning (though Laufbursche could also be errand boy) but in job advertisements, an office junior is usually called a "Juniorsekretärin." We had one here who commented on her second day: "Warum können die Leute ihre Sachen nicht selbst kopieren?" Needless to say she wasn't here for long...
    #1AuthorMary (nz/A)19 Jun 06, 23:51
    Comment
    Bürogehilfin/-gehilfe könnte passen. Hört sich zwar nicht so schön wie 'office junior' an, aber auch Duden-Oxford ist der Meinung.
    Aber die Juniorsekretärin von Mary hat - in Zeiten der Raumpfleger(innen), lies Putzfrauen/-männer - durchaus ihre Daseinsberechtigung.
    #2AuthorBOF19 Jun 06, 23:57

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt