Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Forum home

English missing

Einen Spaziergang machen ÜBER den Wochenmarkt/den Friedhof etc.

Subject

Einen Spaziergang machen ÜBER den Wochenmarkt/den Friedhof etc.

Sources
    across vielleicht?
    Comment
    Suche eine passende Übersetzung. Könnte es sein "To take a walk across(?) the market (etc.)"?
    AuthorSueri05 Sep 09, 17:53
    Suggestionto stroll over the market / churchyard ....
    #1Author Werner (236488) 05 Sep 09, 17:55
    SuggestionStroll
    Sources
    Hmm, ist to stroll bzw. stroll als Nomen nicht eher gemütlich "bummeln" bzw. der Bummel, als ein (andächtiger) Spaziergang?
    Es stimmt, zu "Spazieren über den MARKT" passt es super! Aber beim Spaziergang über den Friedhof...hmm.
    #2AuthorSueri05 Sep 09, 18:16
    Comment
    to stroll on the market
    to walk in a church-yard
    #3Author JohnRobie (601160) 05 Sep 09, 18:22
    Comment
    If I was staying within the boundaries of the place, I would say take / go for a walk in the market, in the cemetery. If I was going in one side and coming out the other, I would say across the market, cemetery.
    #4Author SD3 (451227) 05 Sep 09, 18:39
    Comment
    "across" would be possible but would imply that you went fairly directly from one edge/side to the other.
    -I strolled across the market to meet my friend. (leisurely, but with the purpose of getting from one side to the other)

"about" implies a certain leisureliness and/or aimlessness or, paradoxically, thoroughness. In either case, it takes some time.
    -I strolled about the church-yard waiting for my friend to finish her prayers.
    -I walked about the market looking for spices

Isn't it wonderful how many options you have when you don't have a context to constrain you?
    #5Author Robert -- US (328606) 05 Sep 09, 18:40
    Suggestionstroll around or through the market / cemetery
    #6AuthorBossinney28 Oct 10, 06:51

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt