* S: (n) design, designing (the act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan)) "he contributed to the design of a new instrument"
* S: (n) design, plan (an arrangement scheme) "the awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult"; "it was an excellent design for living"; "a plan for seating guests"
* S: (n) blueprint, design, pattern (something intended as a guide for making something else) "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
* S: (n) design, pattern, figure (a decorative or artistic work) "the coach had a design on the doors"
* S: (n) purpose, intent, intention, aim, design (an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions) "his intent was to provide a new translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"; "he made no secret of his designs"
* S: (n) design (a preliminary sketch indicating the plan for something
) "the design of a building"
* S: (n) invention, innovation, excogitation, conception, design (the creation of something in the mind) http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=...
* S: (n) draft, bill of exchange, order of payment (a document ordering the payment of money; drawn by one person or bank on another)
* S: (n) draft, draught (a current of air (usually coming into a chimney or room or vehicle))
* S: (n) draft, rough drawing (a preliminary sketch of a design or picture
* S: (n) draft, draught, potation, tipple (a serving of drink (usually alcoholic) drawn from a keg) "they served beer on draft"
* S: (n) draft, draft copy (any of the various versions in the development of a written work) "a preliminary draft"; "the final draft of the constitution"
* S: (n) draft, draught (the depth of a vessel's keel below the surface (especially when loaded))
* S: (n) draft (a regulator for controlling the flow of air in a fireplace)
* S: (n) draft, draught (a dose of liquid medicine) "he took a sleeping draft"
* S: (n) conscription, muster, draft, selective service (compulsory military service)
* S: (n) gulp, draft, draught, swig (a large and hurried swallow) "he finished it at a single gulp"
* S: (n) draft, draught, drawing (the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling)http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=...