Advertisement
Subject

in known providing

[finan.] [Amer.]
4 replies   
Sources
"The financial industry in known providing second acts."

Wall Street Journal - Deal Journal:
http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2010/07/01/evening...
Comment
Das ergibt für mich gar keinen Sinn. Vielleicht ist es auch ein Schreibfehler. Aber wie müsste es dann richtig heissen?
AuthorBusybear06 Jul 10, 16:39
Comment
Makes no sense to me either. But in your context, there's little doubt about the meaning.

...is known for providing second chances.
#1Authorescoville (237761) 06 Jul 10, 16:47
Comment
is known for providing?

Die Finanzindustrie ist dafür bekannt, eine zweite Chance zu gewähren?
#2Authorkedi31 (394684) 06 Jul 10, 16:48
Comment
Thanks a lot.

However, I find it doubtful that the sentence makes more sense this way.

Another possible translation would be "Die Finanzindustrie ist bekannt für ihre Nachspiele." Makes only a little more sense.
#3AuthorBusybear06 Jul 10, 17:03
Comment
What do you need to do to lose your job in finance: The financial industry in known providing second acts. And it seems Steve Perkins, the oil trader banned by the U.K. financial regulator for illegally trading $520 million while on a bender, seems to be getting his second chance. The Daily Telegraph reports that he was in talks with a commodity broker called Starsupply Renewables in Switzerland.

Nein, für mich ist das eindeutig. Steve Perkins bekommt seine zweite Chance, nachdem er wegen des illegalen Handelns "gesperrt" war.
#4Authorkedi31 (394684) 06 Jul 10, 17:09
i Only registered users are allowed to post in this forum

LEO uses cookies in order to facilitate the fastest possible website experience with the most functions. In some cases cookies from third parties are also used. For further information about this subject please refer to the information under  Leo’s Terms of use / Data protection (Cookies)