Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Betreff

ganz normal

Kontext/ Beispiele
    ganz normale Maschinenterminals

used to be produced, but now the company has moved on to something more sophisticated.
    Kommentar
    please help, I can only think of "bog-standard" somehow, and that's not at all suitable.
    Verfassertanja116 Jun. 05, 10:11
    Vorschlagstandard / plain / vanilla [ifml.]
    Kontext/ Beispiele
    standard terminals
    plain terminals
    (plain-)vanilla terminals
    #1VerfasserCK16 Jun. 05, 10:14
    Vorschlagbasic
    Kommentar
    Nachtrag:
    vielleicht passt auch "basic" oder "bottom-of-the-line"
    #2VerfasserCK16 Jun. 05, 10:16
    Kommentar
    pretty normal
    #3Verfasserosiris16 Jun. 05, 10:16
    Kommentar
    thank you.
    I just thought of "run-of-the-mill" as well, is that ok or too negative / informal?
    #4Verfassertanja116 Jun. 05, 10:22
    Kommentar
    I guess this heavily depends on how you want to present this company and what they did back in the days. Was it state-of-the-art back then what they did, and now they move on something even more challenging, or was it just a bunch of crap and now they finally realized that they have to come up with something that would withstand competition?
    #5VerfasserCK16 Jun. 05, 10:27
    Kommentar
    well no, they made, er, bog-standard (still for want of a better word) machine terminals - like everyone else, and then moved on to make ex-protected terminals, quite a novelty back then as far as I understand it.
    #6Verfassertanja116 Jun. 05, 10:30
    Vorschlagcommon all garden
    #7Verfasserneilo16 Jun. 05, 12:06
    Vorschlagcommon or garden
    Kommentar
    This is the correct version of the phrase (but it tends to be said rushed together "commonorgarden" so I quite understand how one might think it were spelt differently)
    #8VerfasserWienfan (London)16 Jun. 05, 12:15
    Kommentar
    Wenn in der urspr. Übersetzungsanfrage "Allerwelts-Maschinenterminals" gemeint sind, ist das sicherlich der passende Ausdruck.
    #9VerfasserCK16 Jun. 05, 12:37
    Vorschlagbasic
    Kommentar
    There are so many ways of saying this that everything depends upon context. In the context we have been given, I am convinced that "basic" is much the best possibility, and the only other word I would consider for this context would be "standard", but that has certain technical connotations, and should, I think, be avoided here.
    #10VerfasserJoe W16 Jun. 05, 12:37

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt