Amer. Heritage Dict.:
pit stop - 1. a stop at a pit for refueling or service during an automobile race. 2. (Informal) A rest stop during a trip.
Oxf. Amer. Dict. & Thes.:
pit stop - 1: (in auto racing) a stop in the pits for servicing and refueling. 2: a brief rest during a journey.
Text corpus examples:
• Marsh made a pit stop at the forward officers' head to off-load six hours' worth of coffee
• remembered that she needed the restroom. Another lengthy trip in the helicopter without a pit stop would be impossible
• announces a pit stop and swerves into what looks like a single-pump gas station
• I landed my kayak on a small beach and got out to make a pit stop. I heard a loud crash, which was the glacier calving
• you should drink as soon as you arise, to avoid having to make a pit stop on the road
• I made fun of him for announcing what color his pee was after each pit stop
• the chance to make a pit stop in Tennessee and visit her old friend
• included a change-of-clothing pit stop at my house
• went to the basement without so much as a pit stop at the fridge
• enough time to make a pit stop at a certain Oregon cave
• a pit stop for fries at a late-night diner
• I made a pit stop to do a little souvenir shopping
• Occasionally I'd gasp, " Pit stop! " and we'd pause for a mouthful of cold water
• plan a half-mile per year of age, and schedule a rest stop every 45 minutes
• "Let's make a rest stop, " she suggested.
• 11 minutes in the Los Angeles Marathon because she ran the wrong way after a restroom stop
• saying to a 35-year-old driver, "Honey, I'd like a bathroom stop."http://corpus.byu.edu/coca/
• restrooms when we made a rest stop halfway through the four-and-a-half-hour bus trip
• the tour group was traveling by bus ... when they made a rest stop near the canyon park. The woman left the bus to go inside
• These Canada Geese made a rest stop at the Wagner Farm Park
• At a cafe on an overlook, we made a rest stop, sipping obligatory cups of tea
• Here we made a restroom stop and took another snack break at the picnic tables.
• sitting at McDonalds while my dad made a restroom stop
• We made a restroom stop at the Pine Creek Information Center
• Before tackling the steps to the top we made a restroom stop. This is where I learned the Colombian rule of toilet paper: you either bring it with you, ...
• I was rushing through Cincinnati Airport, and made a restroom stop
• When we made a bathroom stop on the way (during our 7 hour bus ride!)
• and made a bathroom stop at a convenience store where we refilled our water bottles.
• The officers made a bathroom stop at a Walmart store
• So we pulled our kayaks up on the shore and made a bathroom stop.
• Just made a bathroom stop in Ohio. Next stop, our hotel to change into performance attire