Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Falscher Eintrag

inclose - einschließen

Korrektur

enclose / include

-

einschließen

Beispiele/ Definitionen mit Quellen
    #13 karink: found "inclose" [sic] on LEO (as one of the translations for "einschliessen")
    #14 KinkyAfro: I find it interesting that, of the translations LEO offers, "inclose" doesn't have any tags, whereas "enclose" only appears with a "math." tag. I think there's a case for a Wrong Entry there somewhere ...
    Siehe auch: inclusion - to inclose?
    Kommentar

As far as I know, 'inclose' and 'inclosure' are obsolete spellings, even if they still appear in some dictionaries as cross-references.

'Enclose' is to put behind a wall or fence, or inside an envelope. 'Enclosure' is a walled- or fenced-in area, or a document sent with a letter.

I would suggest either marking all entries with inclos* obsolete, or combining all enclos*/inclos* entries on one line with a comment such as

enclose  (rarely also:) inclose
    enclosure  (rarely also:)  inclosure

Kinky's point about losing the [Math.] tag, or adding non-math senses where needed, seems reasonable.
    Verfasser hm -- us (236141) 07 Jun. 11, 23:46
    Kommentar
    I followed that very interesting thread started by karink Siehe auch: inclusion - to inclose? and I support hm -- us and his proposal.
    #1VerfasserAgalinis (714472) 08 Jun. 11, 04:53
    Kommentar
    off-topic:

and I support hm -- us and his proposal.

it should be "her" ;-)
    #2VerfasserNudelholz (741555) 08 Jun. 11, 05:06
    Kommentar
    Thank you. My apologies to hm -- us. Nicknames are gender-blind, but I would hate to refer to "its" proposal. :-)
    #3VerfasserAgalinis (714472) 08 Jun. 11, 06:05
    Vorschläge

to enclose; rarely: inclose

-

einschließen

Kontext/ Beispiele
    [ɪnˈkləʊz]
    vb
    a less common spelling of enclose
    inclosable adj
    incloser n
    inclosure n

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Kommentar
    -
    #4Verfasserwmw (386353) 08 Jun. 11, 13:06

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt