to pan out (turn out) - sich entwickeln
not to pan out (turn out well) - nicht gut laufen related discussion: pan out - sich entwickelnrelated discussion: pan out - gut laufen
pan¹ - ...
pan out - (of gravel) yield gold. • turn out well: Harold's idea had been a good one even if it hadn't panned out.
• end up; conclude: he's happy with the way the deal panned out.
pan - ...
pan out - (inf) sich entwickeln;
it didn't pan out - es hat nicht geklappt (inf);
if it pans out as we hope - wenn es so wird, wie wir es uns erhoffen
• So far no leads have panned out, but they say they're trying to stay optimistic.
• But around noon on Friday Mr. Kelly said that the police had received just one call to the tips hot line, and that it had not panned out.
• McKenzie said she tried to get a writing job, but nothing panned out.
• However[,] they said they wanted more time to see how the medium-term risks to inflation panned out.
• She marveled how the project had panned out.
• searched the church for a bigger room to house the event but found the sanctuary was under construction and no other options panned out.
• I will tell you how things panned out next week and give you some more tips.
• That's based in part on how the first quarter panned out for papers, and it wasn't encouraging.
• Three of the assumptions we made when praising the acquisition don't seem to have panned out.
• The reason our bench has not panned out is because our preseason OOC schedule, our reserves never get minute[s] because we're trying to win every game from the get go
• None of the other potato cultivars he was experimenting on panned out.
• Hey, at least all those offensive first-round picks have panned out well, right?
• made what he termed a risky move by putting a freshman in the net, but it has panned out thus far
• If the plan with Hopkinton panned out, Milford's sewer rate could drop next year, Melanson said
• Morrison, whose group works with law enforcement and communities to spread word about missing kids through pamphlets, ads and other media coverage, has followed more than a dozen tips about the Matusiewicz girls, but none has panned out
• Well, it looks like these rumours will not be panning out
• while the lousy weather has been a factor, it also looks like hatchery fish returns just aren't panning out
• That's the way I see the 2008 season panning out: firstly, Red Bull has to show improvement across the board
• I think a lot of us were worried about everybody cutting back, but so far it's panning out
• King also drafted players who were criticized at first, but seem to be panning out