Advertising
LEO

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker.

Would you like to support LEO?

Disable your ad blocker for LEO or make a donation.

•  
  • Forum home

Translation correct?

Zum Einsatz kommen moderne kanalgängige Schiffe - Modern canal-going ships are used

Source Language Term

Zum Einsatz kommen moderne kanalgängige Schiffe comm.

Correct?

Modern canal-going ships are used

Examples/ definitions with source references
    Zum Einsatz kommen moderne kanalgängige Schiffe bis ..... t, sowie Koppelverbände bis zu ...... t Tragfähigkeit.

Modern canal-going ships of up to ...... t and push barge combinations of up to ...... t carrying capacity are used.
    Comment
    wie übersetze ich am Besten

"Zum Einsatz kommen"?

Und ist der Rest so i.O.?

Danke.
    AuthorJenny-F (874085) 10 Jul 12, 11:50
    Context/ examples
    Zum Einsatz kommen moderne kanalgängige Schiffe bis ..... t, sowie Koppelverbände bis zu ...... t Tragfähigkeit.

Comment
    We deploy modern canal-going vessels of up to ...... t and push barge combinations of up to ...... t carrying capacity.
    #1AuthorWerner (236488) 10 Jul 12, 12:37
    Comment
    Vielen Dank!
    #2AuthorJenny-F (874085) 10 Jul 12, 13:12
    Comment
    We use modern canal-going vessels of up to Y mt deadweight and barge combinations of up to X mt carrying capacity.

Deploy passt ganz und gar nicht. Deployed wird technology, personnel, soldiers... und vielleicht Kriegsschiffe, aber keine barges.
    #3AuthorSage N. Fer Get K.S.C. (382314) 10 Jul 12, 22:46
    Comment
    I prefer 'use' rather than 'deploy'. The latter is mainly used re the military, in the sense of taking soldiers out of barracks, missiles out of storage, and deploying them on the battlefield. Could be used elsewhere, put very much retains the sense of taking limited resources out of reserve and putting them into action in a specific place, with a degree of urgency.
    #4AuthorSteve-GB (873882) 10 Jul 12, 22:53
    Comment
    Steve, would you do me a favor and go through Jenny's other posts real quick, I need some backup here and there... I know what I'm talking about, but she seems to be jumping at any first suggestion however flawed it may be. A native tongue's support might help. (Sorry Werner :-)

Und Jenny. Nimm dir ein wenig mehr Zeit, das ist hier kein Google Translator, ich erwarte auch von dir ein wenig Diskussion, werde nicht zu einem zweiten wmw.
    #5AuthorSage N. Fer Get K.S.C. (382314) 10 Jul 12, 22:58
    Comment
    ... oder einer zweiten Martina H.
    Wer hat Dir denn diese Übersetzung aufs Auge gedrückt?
    #6Authorpenguin (236245) 11 Jul 12, 07:54
    Comment
    Sage N. - I've had a look, done my best... Any I've missed?
    Your Profile doesn't state your native language (there's a non-obvious box to tick).
    #7AuthorSteve-GB (873882) 11 Jul 12, 10:05
    Comment
    Hey, thanks Steve.
    I'm Swiss, my native language is Swiss German. I know there's a box, but none of the available languages is my native language... but I tried to imply this by stating that I speak a high level of Swiss Standard German :-)

Welche Übersetzung auf welchem Auge, penguin? :-)
    #8AuthorSage N. Fer Get K.S.C. (382314) 11 Jul 12, 12:23
    Comment
    Das war nicht an Dich gerichtet, Sage, sondern an Jenny.
    #9Authorpenguin (236245) 11 Jul 12, 12:28

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt