write-off - der Totalschaden
total write-off [coll.] - der Totalschaden
total loss [tech.] - der Totalschaden
to total a car - einen Totalschaden verursachen
to total a car - ein Auto zu Schrott fahren
constructive total loss [insur.] - angenommener Totalschaden
actual total loss - tatsächlicher Totalschaden
to total (wreck) chiefly (Amer.) [sl.] | totaledAE / totalledBE, totaledAE / totalledBE | - demolieren | demolierte, demoliert |
to total (wreck) chiefly (Amer.) [sl.] | totaledAE / totalledBE, totaledAE / totalledBE | - zu Schrott fahren
Examples for write-off:
(all BE except one from CNN that could be international)
• (Afr.) Four of the coaches were a write-off while two others suffered minor damages. (http://allafrica.com/stories/200805270611.html
• (UK) The car was a write-off after Sunday's crash. (http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=6156
• (S. Afr.) Two months later she was involved in an accident and the car was subsequently declared a write-off by the insurance company. (http://www.pretorianews.co.za/index.php?fSect...
• (S. Afr.) His Mercedes is a write-off, she said. (http://www.capeargus.co.za/?fSectionId=3530&f...
• (CNN) A fire in any part of your car will result, most probably, in a write-off, at least in any insurer's eyes. (http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_topstories/~3/4...
• (Can.) Damage to the house was limited to about $3,000, said Calgary Fire Department spokesman Jeff Budai, while the motorhome was a write-off. (http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2008/06/2...
• (UK) He then poured sugar in the fuel tank and announced that it was a write-off and you should buy an Audi instead. (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008...
• (UK) Frank Partridge, aged 80, of Houghton Regis, was stranded without transport after an arson attack left his car a write-off. (http://www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.as...
• (Wales) It's almost certain the car is a write-off, said Coun Patel, an electronics engineer (http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/wales-new...
• (Scotl.) The insurance company told me that because the cost of repairing the car was more than the car is worth it is a write-off. (http://business.scotsman.com/business/I39m-cr...
• (UK) I think the police van is a write-off as well. (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-new...
)related discussion: to total a car - vergangenheit: totaled a carrelated discussion: insurance write-offrelated discussion: etwas als Totalschaden geltend machenrelated discussion: wirtschaftlicher totalschaden - total write-offrelated discussion: Selbst wenn wir einen Totalschaden hätten, wärenrelated discussion: Vollschaden