1: a grant or subsidy for public funds paid by a central to a local government in aid of a public undertaking
2: a grant or subsidy to a school or individual for an educational or artistic project http://www.thefreedictionary.com/grant-in-aid
n. pl. grants-in-aid (grnts-)
1. A giving of federal funds to a state or local government to subsidize a public project.
2. A giving of funds to an institution or a person in order to subsidize a project or program.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a sum of money granted by one government to a lower level of government or to a dependency for a programme, etc
2. (Education) education a grant provided by the central government or local education authority to ensure consistent standards in buildings and other facilities
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
1. a subsidy furnished by a central government to a local one to help finance a public project.
2. a financial subsidy given to an individual or institution for research, educational, or cultural purposes.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
In allen Beispielen kommt "subsidy" bzw. "subsidize" vor.
Wenn Du den Begriff mit "Zuschuss" übersetzen möchtest, dann starte einen Neueintrag mit den nötigen Belegen in beiden Sprachen.