1. coolness - calm and unruffled self-assurance; "he performed with all the coolness of a veteran"
calmness - a feeling of calm; an absence of agitation or excitement
2. coolness - the property of being moderately cold; "the chilliness of early morning"
low temperature, cold, frigidity, frigidness, coldness - the absence of heat; "the coldness made our breath visible"; "come in out of the cold"; "cold is a vasoconstrictor"
3. coolness - fearless self-possession in the face of danger
fearlessness - the trait of feeling no fear
4. coolness - a lack of affection or enthusiasm; "a distressing coldness of tone and manner"
chilliness, coldness, iciness, frigidity, frigidness
emotionlessness, unemotionality - absence of emotion
stone - a lack of feeling or expression or movement; "he must have a heart of stone"; "her face was as hard as stone"
lukewarmness, tepidness - lack of passion, force or animation
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. Gelassenheit, Unerschütterlichkeit
2. Kühle, niedrige Temperatur; Kälte (fig.)
3. unerschütterliche Ruhe
4. Kaltschnäuzigkeit, (Eises-)Kälte
cp. frigidness = a lack of affection or enthusiasm;
"a distressing coldness of tone and manner"