The existing entries are capitalized incorrectly. They should read "Dutch oven."
M-W confirms this:
Definition of Dutch oven
1 : a metal shield for roasting before an open fire
2 : a brick oven in which cooking is done by the preheated walls
3a : a cast-iron kettle with a tight cover that is used for baking in an open fire
b : a heavy pot with a tight-fitting domed cover
AHD does as well: https://ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=D...
1. A large, heavy pot or kettle, usually of cast iron and with a tight lid, used for slow cooking.
2. A metal utensil open on one side and equipped with shelves, placed before an open fire for baking or roasting food.
3. A wall oven in which food is baked by means of preheated brick walls.
As does Lexico: https://www.lexico.com/definition/dutch_oven
- Meaning of Dutch oven in English:
- Dutch oven
- Translate Dutch oven into Spanish
- 1A covered earthenware or cast-iron container for cooking casseroles.
- 1.1historical A large cooking pot or metal box serving as a simple oven, heated by being placed under or next to hot coals.
- ‘Caveman Bill cooked it outside in his big cast-iron Dutch oven.’
- ‘When the coals are ready, a French marble cake will cook in a Dutch oven.’
- ‘Mounds of wood stood ready to stoke smoky campfires being used as Dutch ovens.’
- ‘If you'd rather cook and tend campfires than swim, run, surf or sail, ‘learn to churn out gourmet on-the-go feasts, like breakfast quiche or Cornish game hen, from a Dutch oven and an open flame.’’
- ‘Strong camp coffee and authentic chuck-wagon meals - including a fresh-baked dessert from a Dutch oven - cap off this living history lesson.’
- 1.2South African A brick or clay oven traditionally built into the side of a kitchen hearth or as a free-standing structure outside a house.
As does Collins: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/...
English: Dutch oven American: Dutch oven
Definition of 'Dutch oven'
Dutch oven in British English
1. an iron or earthenware container with a cover used for stews, etc
2. a metal box, open in front, for cooking in front of an open fire
Note that the latter two do not mark Dutch oven as being AE (whether or not it is commonly used in BE is another matter that I can't comment on).