concession - 1. The act of conceding. 2. Something conceded. 3. Land granted by a government for a specific purpose. 4a. The privilege of maintaining a subsidiary business in a certain place. b. The business itself.
concessionaire - The holder or operator of a concession
concession - 1: a thing that is granted, especially in response to demands; a thing conceded: the strikers returned to work having won some concessions.
• the action of conceding, granting, or yielding something.
• (a concession to) a gesture, especially a token one, made in recognition of a demand or prevailing standard: her only concession to fashion was her ornate silver ring.
2: a preferential allowance or rate given by an organization: tax concessions.
3: the right to use land or other property for a specified purpose, granted by a government, company, or other controlling body: new logging concessions.
• a commercial operation within the premises of a larger concern, typically selling refreshments: operates the concessions at the stadium
• [Canadian] a piece of land into which surveyed land is divided, itself further divided into lots.
A concession stand (American English), snack kiosk or snack bar (British English, Irish English) is a place where patrons can purchase snacks or food at a cinema, amusement park, fair, stadium, or other entertainment venue. Some events or venues contract out the right to sell food to third parties. Those contracts are often referred to as a concession — hence the name for a stand where food is sold. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concession_stand
• had once gotten him into a movie at a senior citizen's discount.
• Discounts Senior (60 and over): $26 Monday-Thursday for 18, $16 for 9
• Discounts Senior and military rate: $24 for 18 Monday-Friday, with cart.
• General admission for ages 3-54 is $12; senior and military discounts are available.
• Tickets are $19- $57; student, senior and military discounts are available at box office.
• Through Nov. 5. $10; discounts for senior citizens and children
• a teenage clerk looked at my gray hair and automatically gave me a senior citizen discount.
• Seventh day is free, frequent-parker bonus program. Corporate, senior and AAA discounts.
• many health clubs offer specials, corporate discounts, senior discounts, and discounts if you limit your use of the facility ...
• We did not learn about senior citizen discounts on the trains until after we had bought our tickets.
• Adult admission is $ 10.95, with discounts for children and senior citizens.
• The agency's revenue comes from airport concessions and passenger fees, not tax dollars.
• The ferry service rents snorkel gear and sells concessions, a nice perk when you realize you're on an undeveloped island without any ...
• this free celebration boasts fireworks and live music, and with lots of concessions, you won't go hungry.
• some went into the theater to grab seats while the others swung by the concessions stand.
• The team receives all concessions and advertising revenue from the city-owned stadium
• When television income is added to monies derived from tickets, luxury boxes, stadium concessions, and the sale of NFL-licensed merchandise ...
• I did work at a movie theater concessions stand, though, and it was hands-down the worst job.
• Cineplex Odeon won't disclose the percent of the company's total sales that come from popcorn, but most theaters make about a third of their money from concessions, and popcorn usually constitutes 40 percent to half of that.