Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Übersicht

Übersetzung korrekt?

Verzögerung/unverzüglich - Delay/without delay

Gegeben

Verzögerung/unverzüglich

Richtig?

Delay/without delay

Beispiele/ Definitionen mit Quellen
    Erkennt der Auftragnehmer eine mögliche Verzögerung, so wird er unverzüglich den Auftraggeber darüber informieren ...

The Contractor shall notify the Customer without delay in the event of potential delays ...
    Kommentar
    I'm sure there must be a more elegant solution to this.
    Verfasser DW (EN) (241915) 22 Feb. 07, 13:27
    Kommentar
    How about "immediately" or "at once" rather than "without delay"?
    #1Verfasser.BE Native22 Feb. 07, 13:36
    Kommentar
    I quite like using "forthwith" at least once a year.
    #2VerfasserBrit in Germany22 Feb. 07, 14:26
    Kommentar
    Thanks! Both sound good. What's most common in contracts?
    #3VerfasserDW (EN) (241915) 22 Feb. 07, 15:07
    Kommentar
    How about:

If the contractor recognizes a possible delay, then he will (should) inform the client immediately about it.
    #4Verfasserdesk monkey (282468) 22 Feb. 07, 15:51
    Kommentar
    DW, in my experience the three options are interchangeable: forthwith, immediately, without delay.
    #5Verfasserhilfesuch22 Feb. 07, 15:55
    Kommentar
    DW, I use promptly in this or similar context
    #6Verfassersagittarius (254521) 22 Feb. 07, 16:09
    Kommentar
    Great, thanks for that expert advice :-)
    #7VerfasserDW (EN) (241915) 22 Feb. 07, 16:16
    Kommentar
    @sagittarius: Just out of interest, what do you use for "höhere Gewalt"?
    #8VerfasserDW (EN) (241915) 22 Feb. 07, 16:17
    Kommentar
    @ DW, Acts of God, and force majeure - really - when I am translating for customers in certain areas of this world of ours. I have noticed, however, that "industry practise" seems to foster the latter more recently, with Acts of God relating to natural desasters only. I personally will not support this shift of responsibilities until proven differently.
    #9Verfassersagittarius (254521) 22 Feb. 07, 16:26
    Kommentar
    Thanks. Those were the two options I've been tossing about in my mind for the past couple of days and just couldn't decide between them. Is it simply a matter of personal preference, or is the mention of God taboo for "political correctness"? I imagine it is like saying Happy Holidays instead of Happy Christmas?
    #10VerfasserDW (EN) (241915) 22 Feb. 07, 16:30
    Kommentar
    Yes, it's PC talk what I was trying to allude to with my comment.
    #11Verfassersagittarius (254521) 22 Feb. 07, 16:36
    Kommentar
    Thought so, thanks!
    #12VerfasserDW (EN) (241915) 22 Feb. 07, 16:40
    Kommentar
    I would suggest "without undue delay" even if it is not the most elegant of phrases. Since "unverzüglich" means "ohne schuldhaftes Zögern", something can be done a long time after the event in question and still be "unverzüglich". That is why words like "immediately", "at once", "forthwith" - and (arguably) even "promptly" - don't really work in this context.
    #13VerfasserFinn (297236) 22 Feb. 07, 16:47
    Kommentar
    Thanks Finn, I see what you mean, but I'm not convinced. It would boost my confidence and be very helpful if you'd be willing to provide at least some details/qualifications in your profile.
    #14VerfasserDW (EN) (241915) 22 Feb. 07, 17:11
    Kommentar
    OK. One last try. Here is a quotation from Palandt, 66. Aufl. (2007), Rn 3 zu § 121 BGB (which is where the term "unverzüglich" is defined for the purposes of German civil law): "Die Anfechtung muss unverzüglich erfolgen. Sie muss nicht sofort, aber ohne schuldhaftes Zögern, d.h. innerhalb einer nach den Umständen des Einzelfalls zu bemessenden Prüfungs- und Überlegungsfrist, angebracht werden. Die in § 121 I 1 enthaltene Legaldefinition des Begriffs "unverzüglich" gilt für das gesamte Privatrecht ... Sie ist im Zweifel auch dann maßgebend, wenn der Begriff ... in einem Rechtsgeschäft verwandt wird." That is why "immediately", "forthwith" and "at once" are wrong and "promptly" will only work if you qualify it in some way, e.g. "promptly (having regard to all the circumstances of the individual case)". Compared to that, "without undue delay" sounds very "kurz und prägnant". Still, at the heels of the hunt, it's your call.
    #15VerfasserFinn (297236) 22 Feb. 07, 18:46
    Kommentar
    Brilliant, thank you!
    #16VerfasserDW (EN) (241915) 22 Feb. 07, 18:48

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt