offering - die Spende (in der Kirche)
alms [rel.] - die Kollekte
collect - die Kollekte
collection plate - Teller für die Kollekte
Kollekte - Geldsammlung in und nach dem Gottesdienst für die Kirche: die K. einsammeln; die K. am Ausgang ist für karitative Zwecke bestimmt
alms - 1 archaic
: CHARITY; 2 : something (as money or food) given freely to relieve the poor; – almsgiver, almsgiving
¹collect - 1 : a short prayer comprising an invocation, petition, and conclusion; specifically often capitalized
: one preceding the eucharistic Epistle and varying with the day; 2 : COLLECTION
offering - 1 ... b : something offered; especially
: a sacrifice ceremonially offered as a part of worship c : a contribution to the support of a churchhttp://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Di...
alms - plural noun
[historical] charity donations of money, food, etc to the poor.
collect² - [Christianity] a short form of prayer used in the Anglican and Roman Catholic Churches
offering - ... 2: anything offered, especially a gift. 3: a gift of money given to a church, usually during a religious service, used for charity, etc. 4: a sacrifice made to God, a saint or a deity, etc in the course of worship. 5 (offerings): in the Church of England: certain dues payable at Easter.http://www.chambersharrap.co.uk/chambers/feat...
• Heute erbitten wir im Gottesdienst eine Kollekte zur Unterstützung von Beratungsprojekten des Diakonischen Werkes der EKD
• Der Eintritt ist frei; um eine Kollekte wird gebeten.
• In jedem Gottesdienst ist eine Kollekte zu erheben.
• Die Kollekte unseres Hochzeitsgottesdienstes geht an World Vision
• Die Kollekte ist für die Ausbildung der Studentinnen und Studenten der Theologie bestimmt.
• We will do what Christians always do when they gather for worship--pray, read Scripture, preach, sing, and take an offering (all of which will go to aid people suffering in Darfur).
• It has been jokingly said that when Lutherans gather for worship they always "take an offering."
• Every week in our church we take up an offering.
• On the mornings we observe communion, we also take up an offering for benevolence: those who desire to do so may contribute to this fund devoted to helping the needy in our congregation and community.
• Obviously, Paul did not always take up an offering during his meetings
• We take an offering at each concert and we’ve raised over $40000 so far
• We do not take up an offering during our worship, but an offering bowl is placed on a table in one of the aisles
• We do not pass an offering plate or take up a collection. There is an offering box located in the vestibule (lobby) of the church if you wish to contribute.
• Visitors to European cathedrals are often confronted at the door by an offering box.
• Free admission; free will offering will be taken. [AE]
• There is no admission. A free will offering will be taken up. [AE]
• Admission is free. A love offering for the ministry will be accepted. [AE]
• ADMISSION: Free-will offering for Catholic Relief Services tsunami assistance. [AE]
• taking up a collection can be considered an act of worship.
• We will not take up a collection or observe the Lord's Supper on Wednesday night.
• In churches that take up a collection, the minister or laypeople can call for a “second collection.” In this case, after the collection for the church has been taken at Sunday service, the minister or representative from your group will describe your work to the congregation and the collection plate will be passed again.
• Every first day of the week, we take a few minutes during our worship service to take a collection from our members.
• They do take a collection as is customary in many worship services. The group gives half of the money they get to other mission organizations and ministry.
• in this spirit, the collection will go to a neighborhood homeless shelter.
• The worship leader announces that the proceeds of the collection will go to an organisation engaged in God's transforming ministry
• the collection will go to the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana
• A collection box. is located in the Main Street vestibule
• Admission: free, retiring collection for charity. [BE]
• Admission cost: Free: Retiring Collection for St Marys. [BE]
• Admission is free with a retiring collection for Music in The Fitzwilliam Museum. [BE]