leo-ende
Advertisement
Source Language Term

das zehnköpfige Gremium

1 Follow-up   
Correct?

the ten-member Committee

Examples/ definitions with source references
Auf der Jahresversammlung der Union Denglischer Übersetzer in Buxtehude wurden am heutigen Donnerstag gleich sechs neue Mitglieder für das zehnköpfige Gremium gewählt.

Six new members were elected to the ten-member Committee of the Union of Denglish Translators at its AGM in Buxtehude today, Thursday.
Comment
I'm not happy about two aspects of this sentence really.

Firstly, the "ten-member" Committee, and secondly "today, Thursday". To me, that sounds very AE, but the customer (who has only recently suddenly started saying "am heutigen Dinsbumstag" in almost every press release issued!) wants BE. I would tend to just write "today" or "this Thursday", but of course both loose a little information.
AuthorDW (EN) (241915) 05 Jul 07, 11:21
Comment
In Buxtehude today, Thursday, six new members were elected to the ten-member Committee of the Union of Denglish Translators at its AGM .
Any better this way around ??
#1Authormyklausunna (236435) 05 Jul 07, 11:40
i Only registered users are allowed to post in this forum

LEO uses cookies in order to facilitate the fastest possible website experience with the most functions. In some cases cookies from third parties are also used. For further information about this subject please refer to the information under  Leo’s Terms of use / Data protection (Cookies)