Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Übersicht

Übersetzung korrekt?

erlauben wir uns - taken the liberty

Gegeben

erlauben wir uns

Richtig?

taken the liberty

Beispiele/ Definitionen mit Quellen
    Mit Wirkung zum 01. Oktober 2007 jedoch erlauben wir uns, Ihnen die für Ihr Unternehmen neuen gültigen Einkaufspreise mit zu teilen und folglich auch ab diesem Zeitpunkt in Rechnung zu stellen.

However with effect from the 1st October 2007, we have taken the liberty to inform you of our new purchase prices and consequently invoice you from this date.
    Kommentar
    Its Friday afternoon, and my brain is slowly starting to stop working! could someone please confirm that i have understood this German sentence correctly, and that my translation in correct? I wasnt really sure how to get "elauben wir uns" in there, or just to leave it our completely?

Thanks!
    Verfasserppp10 Aug. 07, 14:34
    Kommentar
    We have taken the liberty to inform you of..., effective as of..., and....
    #1Verfasserdude (253248) 10 Aug. 07, 14:38
    Kommentar
    We would like to draw your attention, however, to our revised prices, which will take effect on 1 October 2007 and be the basis of all invoices after this date.

Or words to that effect…. I wouldn't take liberties in an English letter but maybe that's just me.

By the way: is it my imagination or is there something wrong with the German sentence?
    #2VerfasserTGIF10 Aug. 07, 15:02
    Vorschläge

we feel free to

-

erlauben wir uns

Kommentar
    could that be used?
    sounds a bit better then "taking liberty" to me...
    #3Verfasseralexxusz (346531) 10 Aug. 07, 15:09
    Kommentar
    Basically, there's nothing wrong with "taken the liberty," although it does sound a bit overdone here. "I wouldn't say "we feel free," it has a slightly different (and non-business-oriented) meaning. If it's a business letter, it would probably say simply "We would like to inform you..."
    #4Verfasserdude (253248) 10 Aug. 07, 15:14
    Kontext/ Beispiele
    Mit Wirkung zum 01. Oktober 2007 jedoch erlauben wir uns, Ihnen die für Ihr Unternehmen neuen gültigen Einkaufspreise mit zu teilen und folglich auch ab diesem Zeitpunkt in Rechnung zu stellen.
    Kommentar
    I agree with TGIF that in EN, such flowery phrasing would not be used in business.
    No need to emphasize 'for your company' IMO, because it makes it sound like they were singled out (unless of course prices are being reduced for them due to volume purchases etc.)

I would make it even more cut and dried :)

Please be advised that new pricing will come into effect (for your company) on October 1, 2007, and will be invoiced accordingly.

ps - @dude, I don't usually disagree with you, but isn't "to take the liberty of informing..."?
    #5VerfasserRES-can10 Aug. 07, 15:21
    Kommentar
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I did have we "would like to inform you" at first but then decided to change it.

I think TGIF's suggestion fits perfectly, thanks!
    #6Verfasserppp10 Aug. 07, 15:22
    Kontext/ Beispiele
    http://www.allwords.com/word-take%20the%20lib...
    Idiom: take the liberty to (take the liberty of)
    To do or venture to do something, usually without permission.

http://www.answers.com/topic/take-the-liberty-of
    Act on one's own authority without permission from another, as in I took the liberty of forwarding the mail to his summer address. It is also put as take the liberty to, as in He took the liberty to address the Governor by her first name. This rather formal locution was first recorded in 1625 and does not imply the opprobrium of the similar-sounding take liberties.

Kommentar
    @RES-can: both seems to work.
    #7Verfasserdude (253248) 10 Aug. 07, 15:42
    Kommentar
    both seem to work (it's still early). ;-)
    #8Verfasserdude (253248) 10 Aug. 07, 15:42

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt