to groom - pflegen
to groom [sport.] - präparieren (Piste
to groom - putzen
to groom (a horse)
to groom [zool.] - Fellpflege betreiben to groom so. for sth. - jmdn. auf etw.
[Akk.] vorbereiten Collins
groom - ... 2:... b: (=prepare)
he's being groomed for the job of chairman/for the Presidency - er wird als zukünftiger Vorsitzender/Präsidentschaftskandidat aufgebaut
to groom sb for stardom - jdn als Star lancieren
he is grooming him as his successor - er zieht sich (dat) ihn als Nachfolger heran
• Children of 15 groomed to carry out terrorist acts ... Teenagers as young as 15 are being recruited by terrorist groups in Britain
• Kindergartner being groomed for line-leader position ... Kindergarten teacher and mentor Mrs. Allen believes 6-year-old Gregory Hutter has what it takes for the coveted post (The Onion -- satire)
• Someone who is being groomed for a job is often required to learn the ...
• Is Chelsea [Clinton] being groomed for 2020?
• Big shakeup at Yahoo, Decker being groomed for CEO?
• Boys, the agency contended, “were groomed to be perpetrators.” The sect, which teaches that polygamy brings glorification in heaven, is a breakaway group ...
• He says he was groomed to be an earthquake engineer by his father
• The truth is, I was groomed to be on a stage not in a boardroom. My mother dragged me to every off-Broadway show in New York
• To be sure, John Quincy Adams was groomed to be a patriot and a public servant in the best sense of each term.
• though both brothers received a broad education from the best tutors, Wilhelm was groomed to be a political leader, while Frau Humboldt insisted that ...
• While his elder half brother Austen was groomed to be the political heir, Neville was pushed to an unsuccessful study of metallurgy and engineering
• historically men received this grooming while young women were groomed to be nurturers and providers of safe havens and beautiful homes
• From an early age he was groomed to be a Thembu tribal chief's councillor like his father. However as he matured, he has become ever more inclusive
• Mr Kurien was moved to the BPO business a while ago to handle the transaction processing business and is perceived to have been groomed for the job
• In such circumstances, just be patient and let the person grow into the job- have them groomed for the job by offering them the necessary training and
• I'm sure that whoever the next leader of Apple will be, whenever that will be, it will be someone who has been carefully chosen and groomed for the job
• She was herself groomed for the job by her father and independent India's first prime minister, Jawaharlal Nehru.
• The younger Kim was groomed for leadership for years, but it is not clear that his own sons as yet have received the same sort of training
• the two have been groomed for their new positions for three years and have about two decades of combined experience with the bank
• top executive job to Doug Williams, 50, a former chief scientist of Seattle- based Immunex who has been groomed for this role for years.
• Jack Barnes assumes the post of National Secretary of the SWP after being groomed for leadership for five years by the older generation of party leaders