New entry

conflation - Verbindung, Verschmelzung, Zusammenführung

1 Follow-up   
Related new entry

conflate

-

verbinden, verschmelzen, zusammenführen

Sources
Source: DEBENHAM, H. (2002). The Victorian Sensation Novel. In: BAKER, W., WOMACK, K.. "A Companion to the Victorian Novel". Westport: Greenwood Publishing, p. 216. (bottom line)
Context: ...; and, most famously, she [Lady Audley] exposes the Victorian conflation of feminine assertion with madness.
Source: Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Context: con•flate /k{shwa}n'fle{I}t/ verb [vn] (formal) to put two or more things together to make one new thing: The issues of race and class are separate and should not be conflated.
* con•fla•tion /k{shwa}n'fle{I}{phon_caps}n/ noun [U, C]
Comment
Translations:
conflation: Verbindung, Verschmelzung, Zusammenführung
conflate: verbinden, verschmelzen, zusammenführen
AuthorFolks29 Jul 06, 14:24
Suggestions

conflation

-

Konflation

Sources
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflation

Goggle:
"Der TR ist aufgrund von Konflation (Damit ist die Kombination verschiedener kürzerer Texte zu einem längeren gemeint.) länger. Er stellt eine Kombination ...

Dies hat zu einer Konflation von Islam und Türkentum geführt, die lexikalisch konzeptualisiert worden ist in der Bezeichnung für den Beschneider (für ...
Comment
Es bietet sich offenbar auch 'Konflation' an.
#1AuthorUwe29 Jul 06, 15:08
i Only registered users are allowed to post in this forum

LEO uses cookies in order to facilitate the fastest possible website experience with the most functions. In some cases cookies from third parties are also used. For further information about this subject please refer to the information under  Leo’s Terms of use / Data protection (Cookies)