Werbung
LEO

Sie scheinen einen AdBlocker zu verwenden.

Wollen Sie LEO unterstützen?

Dann deaktivieren Sie AdBlock für LEO, spenden Sie oder nutzen Sie LEO Pur!

•  
  • Gegeben

to x-ray

Richtig?

durchleuchten

Quellen
    dict.leo.org
    Beispiele/ Definitionen mit Quellen
    Unsere Eier werden vor dem Verkauf durchleuchtet.

Der Dedektiv wird diesen Fall gründlich durchleuchten.
    Kommentar
    I found this translation for "durchleuchten" in the dictionary. But this is too narrow a sense. First, I use "röntgen" for "to x-ray", although I'd understand "durchleuchten", which means examining something with the aid of a lamp, or, examining something thoroughly. Eggs, for example, are "durchleuchtet" before sale to see whether they have not been hatched, but they are not x-rayed.
    VerfasserStephan Popp05 Aug. 02, 14:29
    Korrekturen

irradiate

-

durchleuchten

Kommentar
    I believe the term is the irradiation of foods. Have heard x-ray in this context as well, though.
    #1VerfasserRES-can05 Aug. 02, 15:12
    Kommentar
    Not "irradiate", which suggests radioactives (in order to kill germs). "Durchleuchten" just implies the use of a strong lamp (In order to detect worms in eggs, e.g.).
    #2Verfasserweirdo05 Aug. 02, 15:20
    Korrekturen

to candle (eggs)

-

durchleuchten

Quellen
    Kontext/ Beispiele
    There are times when most aviculturists, for one reason or another, wish to candle some of their eggs.
    Kommentar
    This refers to the eggs example. In the other sense (with the 'Dedektiv') I would say that he will look into the case thoroughly.
    #3VerfasserAdrian05 Aug. 02, 15:24
    Kommentar
    weirdo. Totally agree with you. Nevertheless, food is irradiated, with much controversy, to kill any germs and for preservation purposes. If it is too strong in this sense, I don't see why you cannot stay with x-ray (I'm certainly not an expert in this field!)
    #4VerfasserRES-can05 Aug. 02, 15:30
    Kommentar
    DeTektiv nicht Dedektiv
    #5Verfasser06 Aug. 02, 13:34

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

automatisch zu   umgewandelt