• Special characters

• Lautschrift

leo-ende
Advertisement
Source Language Term

Der Konsument als letztes....die Produktmenge zu erhalten, für die er bezahlt hat.

18 replies   
Correct?

Consumers, as the last ...the product amount, for which they have paid.

Examples/ definitions with source references
Original
Der Konsument als letztes- und schwächstes Glied der Nahrungskette hat natürlich ein Interesse, die Produktmenge zu erhalten, für die er bezahlt hat.

Consumers, as the last and weakest link in the food chain, are naturally interested in receiving the product amount, for which they have paid.
Comment
Sounds rather awkward. Any better ideas floating around in LEO land? :-)
AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Apr 08, 21:04
Comment
Wie wär's mit

"Being the last and weakest links in the food chain, consumers are naturally interested in receiving the amount of a product for which they have paid."

?
#1AuthorPhillipp22 Apr 08, 21:11
Comment
Hi Phillipp! Thanks! That sounds much better than mine :-)

Can you make anything at all out of this? The next sentence:

Die Fertigpackungsverordnung im Vollzug der Eichbehörden soll ihm dazu verhelfen.

My head's swimming, and more concentrated on moving this Saturday :-)
#2AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Apr 08, 21:18
Comment
Well, given some generosity I can make sense of it ;-) but it's not the kind of thing I translate so it would take me about 15 or 20 minutes to come up with a solution, and I just don't have time!

Are you moving far or just "round the corner"?
#3AuthorPhillipp22 Apr 08, 21:22
Comment
A little modification:

Being the last and weakest link in the food chain, the consumer is naturally interested in getting the amount of a product that he paid for."

I don't see any plurals in the original.

#4AuthorHelmi (U.S.) (236620) 22 Apr 08, 21:30
Comment
Phillipp, Don't worry - not really up my alley, either, and I cannot even figure out who's doing what as "ordained" by whom. The only thing I understand, is that whatever is on behalf of consumers :-))

Well, moving about 12 km "further north" - half-way up a mountain :-) If I weren't such a peace-loving person, I'd go toss some rotten eggs or something at the "garbage managers" here in this region!!! The way they've now "organized" things, I'm going to have to take my garbage with me.
#5AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Apr 08, 21:30
Comment
Hi Helmi - You're right, consumer wasn't in plural - I added that because to me, at least, it sounds more natural talking about "conusmers," rather than just one consumer :-) Will take over your end of the sentence, though, thanks !!
#6AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Apr 08, 21:33
Comment
The prepackaging ordinance enforced bei the Office of Standards (Eichamt) is supposed to help him with that.

OT Carly, don't get hurt when you are moving :-)))
#7AuthorHelmi (U.S.) (236620) 22 Apr 08, 21:35
Suggestions

The convenience food regulations executed by the calibration authorities should help him achieve this.

-

Die Fertigpackungsverordnung im Vollzug der Eichbehörden soll ihm dazu verhelfen.

Comment
Hi Carly! Finally found you ;-)
#8Authorsuziq (315879) 22 Apr 08, 21:35
Comment
(((Yuk. That's a pain (the garbage, I mean). I'll keep my fingers crossed for your move on Saturday.)))
#9AuthorPhillipp22 Apr 08, 21:37
Comment
(((There you go, you've got two willing helpers, learned and willing, at least for that sentence.)))
#10AuthorPhillipp22 Apr 08, 21:39
Comment
@ suziq, the German Prepackaging Ordinance. (FPVO). I'm afraid that's the name of that baby. :-)))
#11AuthorHelmi (U.S.) (236620) 22 Apr 08, 21:42
Comment
Hi suziq!! Will get back on even keel, once this move is behind me!!! Am running around like a chicken without its head, right now - so much so, that without thinking, I accepted 3 articles on this subject, due Friday :-(( Can only blame ME for that bit of stupidity! OT - Will be disconnected on Saturday, and re-connected on May 2nd - will then hopefully have a second or two to chat :-))

Thanks, Helmi - Think "prepackaging" hits the nail on the head, since the other article is about "filling" and one-way disposable packagings...
OT - If anybody gets hurt, it's gonna be a garbage manager :-)))

#12AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Apr 08, 21:44
Comment
@Phillipp - YEAH - Isn't it just! You move 12km away, BUT into another "Entsorgungsbezirk" - am going NUTS - put out "Altpapier" on Wednesday, and they left two huge boxes. When I called to ask why they didn't take the boxes of old wallpaper: das gehört in die graue Tonne. We recently had "Elektroschrott," but have since cleaned out attic basement, found more of my kids "Schrott" - gotta take that with me.
#13AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Apr 08, 21:48
Comment
Hi Helmi! Pleased that you knew the name of the baby ;-)...no problem with that. Hope you are well.
#14Authorsuziq (315879) 22 Apr 08, 21:51
Comment
@Carly - OT - that was just me chatting into the blue yesterday!! :-) Catch you when you have a sec to breathe.
#15Authorsuziq (315879) 22 Apr 08, 21:52
Comment
suziq - I didn't get any messages from you yesterday - maybe my daughter was online, and didn't notice??
#16AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 22 Apr 08, 21:54
Context/ examples
Der Konsument als letztes- und schwächstes Glied der Nahrungskette hat natürlich ein Interesse, die Produktmenge zu erhalten, für die er bezahlt hat.
Comment
Hi Carly
another suggestion -

As the final and weakest link in the food chain, the consumer has an obvious interest in obtaining the paid-for product quantity/amount.

OT - happy moving....:)
#17AuthorRES-can (330291) 23 Apr 08, 00:00
Comment
Hi RES! Thanks for your suggestion, too! I really like the "paid-for product quantity" - well, actually the entire sentence, but have "final" in the previous one - will have to think that over :-) Will be wonderful, once the move is behind me - if any of you ever need a place to stay in Germany, I've got loads of room :-)
#18AuthorCarly-AE (237428) 23 Apr 08, 00:08
i Only registered users are allowed to post in this forum

LEO uses cookies in order to facilitate the fastest possible website experience with the most functions. In some cases cookies from third parties are also used. For further information about this subject please refer to the information under  Leo’s Terms of use / Data protection (Cookies)