1: a written account ; especially : a flattering article
2: a deliberate increase in the book value of an asset (as to reflect the effect of inflation)
1. A published account, review, or notice, especially a favorable one.
2. Accounting An intentional overevaluation of a corporation's assets.
'write-up noun an article in a newspaper or magazine in which sb writes what they think about a new book, play, product, etc.: The performance got a good write-up in the local press.
a report or article which makes a judgment about something, such as a play or film:
The paper didn't give the show a very good write-up.
write-up noun an written or published account, especially a review in a newspaper or magazine, etc.
Kritịk, die; -, -en 〈griech.〉
2. wissenschaftliche oder künstlerische Besprechung in einer Zeitung, Zeitschrift
* Kri|tik [auch: -tik, griech.] f. 10
2. Beurteilung, Wertung; Besprechung (von Büchern, Theaterstücken, Konzerten, Filmen u. a.)