• Special characters
  • Lautschrift
Source Language Term


1 Follow-up   

bath robe

Habe ich neulich gelesen, aber davor noch nie gehört. Habe mehrere Neuseeländer gefragt und die meinten alle, das hieße dressing gown (was ich als Ausdruck für Morgenmantel auch kenne und auch in GB so gehört hatte). Ist bath robe AE? Es klingt für mich mehr wie ein Bademantel als ein Morgenmantel.
AuthorBinchen23 Jul 09, 05:09
Context/ examples
bathrobe (also robe) noun
1 a loose piece of clothing worn before and after taking a bath
2 (NAmE) = dressing gown

dressing gown (BrE) (NAmE bath•robe, robe) noun
a long loose piece of clothing, usually with a belt, worn indoors over night clothes, for example when you first get out of bed
#1AuthorRocky 23 Jul 09, 12:23
i Only registered users are allowed to post in this forum
LEO uses cookies in order to facilitate the fastest possible website experience with the most functions. In some cases cookies from third parties are also used. For further information about this subject please refer to the information under  Leo’s Terms of use / Data protection (Cookies)